My Costumes

     
     

Avatar Journal

Written by Mermaiden on Wednesday, May 5, 2010 at 5:30 PM

Clothes: I have selected my attire.. NOT going quite as bare as Neytiri, but a bit more like Grace.

Body: I had thought about trying to buy the "official" costume-version bodysuit, but it has no hands/feet, and I think the paint would just look too crappy... So, I ordered a Zentai suit. I will just have to stripe it myself! I bought some Kryolan blue liquid bodypaint to paint on the suit, since my face & the suit need to match... will just paint the suit with bodypaint. Also bought metallic silver for the dots. Might need to mix it with white; will see!

Makeup: Face will be painted with Paradise AQ

Jewelry: I've been analyzing screenshots from the movie to capture all the armbands and necklaces, and the tail-wrap. I am working on obtaining those materials now...

Nose prosthetic: Wanted to order this, but he has been busy. So I thought I'd buy a Woochie Cat Face (large) to see how it would work. Actually, looks pretty good. Will just need to cut away some from below the nose, obviously.

Found some contacts: Dolly-eye brown, they're on their way... we'll see how they look on my blue/grey eyes! Light enough, hopefully.....

Found a wig on eBay last night, finally! Ordered. I think it will be just right... though I might have to adjust the beads some....

Ordered a felt devil tail. Have to paint it blue and put a tuft on the end. Have some wire to try inserting for effect, though may not need it.

Fangs. Will I bother? Probably. If so I will go with these

0 Responses to "Avatar Journal"

About the author

This is my blog space for all my sewing and costume work, such as it is.

 
Adventures in Costuming © 2008 | Blogger Templates